Monday, May 01, 2006

definitely blogworthy ;-)

Recently, in one of those post-lunch nap friendly sessions I was overwhelmed with the number of 'foo's and 'bar's in the Java book I was reading. Interestingly, I am sure you recall that 'foo's and 'bar's are omnipresent in every Comp Sci Programming book, right from BASIC days of class XI.

Dusting the pages of history, I was engaged in finding out the reason.. See that is the productive me ....

Pronounced as FUBAR, it stands for 'Fucked Up Beyond All Repair' or 'Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition' .. Whatever it may be, this acronym dates back to WorldWarII or earlier times. I am amazed how the F word framed itself in the American 'History' so long ago;-)

Wow, what a wonderful word for learning from CompSci books. No wonder kids of today learn CompSci in class-I

Some more jargon fun here.

No comments: