Friday, February 09, 2007

Talk about addictions.
Addiction is the state of being enslaved to a habit.

Orkut sure is one such thing. For no particular reason, I quit Orkut almost a year ago. Here I am keeping my promise to this day. Well, there is really no sane reason to keep myself off Orkut. Call it a silly principle, a mulish resolve or simple adamancy that I possess a lot. Whatever it is, I definitely miss on a lot of gossips.

I have to depend on my hubby or my certain friends to keep me updated with what is up with the girl who my brother had a crush on in class VIII or the girl who had a crush on my hubby in class XII and so on. I am very outdated with who goes out with who! Other than gossips, it has also been a great way of keeping in touch with all and sundry ‘n sweet friends at school. Just a tiny scrap once a month, a wedding wish or a congratulations note on a new job or so will be great. I am not sure if and when I would return to Orkutting ways. I did not delete my account. It just reads – “Off Orkut Indefinitely”. It is still indefinite. I sincerely hope there is reason enough for my return and it turns out soon!!

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Ananya S P said...

Good that you are able to stick to your resolve with not signing into Orkut. I find myself getting into this Orkut addiction since I got into it - 6 months ago. I have not been able to beat the addiction...Guess its become a habit! Sigh!

As far as gossips go- Who eloped with who, who is seeing who, nothing to beat your EEE and my CS boys...They are masters at it :)

I called you and left a msg...did ya get it?

Mrinalya said...

:-). Do you know Anita is gettin married? Well, they have gone beyond the gossip stages I guess :p

Yes, I did get ur msg. I will call you back Monday.

Ananya S P said...

I heard so from Vishnu :) He and my class Vikram visited me 3 weeks ago and had dinner at my place...Anitha scrapped me on Orkut and I replied...Adhukku appuram no news...

Sure talk 2 ya tomorrow...Lemme try the IQ test...