Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Sunday

In an effort to host (and please myself) a few guests we had yesterday, I tried Bisi Bela baath and it did turn out very well. Following a heavy brunch when we started off from home after fighting the lethargy really hard and only after the DVD player truly let us down, a little rain peeped out trying to dampen the spirits of us which was just waiting for the smallest of reasons to couch back into cozy pillows and hot chai. However the anticipation was shortlived when the rains made its way for a not-so-hot and cloudy-yet-dry day. Walking with a couple of elderly people and young kids on strollers suited the lazy and laid back youth in us very well. We got off at WTC and walked to the Staten Island Ferry at a leisurly pace that it took more than a full hour. The thoght of downtown on a Sunday was pretty depressing, but as it turned out, it was pretty interesting to walk and take pictures like a tourist ! It was funny to wait in line for the typical picture with the Meryll Lynch bull. I did fancy climbing on top of the bull as the childhood memories of riding behind the elephant statues at the Parthasarathy Temple, Triplicane saw me smile. However in the interest of maintaining decorum with my folks, I restrained. The best part of the evening was when I found clothes in C21 that actually fit me. I spent the previous day in Newport Mall to find nothing actually fit me in this country, especially in summer ! Then we finished the nice cool day with a sumptuous three course dinner at Rasoi, Journal Square. whoo.... Casatta Ice cream spoiled all the workout in the last three months !

Top it all, Lakers stay in the game.

Sometimes it pays off to stay out of the sofa on Sundays too !

No comments: