Monday, August 18, 2008

Aug 18th, 2004 - Been four good short years !

Seasons went by
Chapters across the rainbow
Many things I liked
A few things turned dear
Only thing I miss
As hell as I do.

Cuisines across the orb
For palates of extreme kinds
Just like mine, to savor the love of food
Relishing from Mediterranean in the middle
To Caribbean in the west ; to Vietnamese in the east
Vegetarian I remain

Intimidating winters; No – not anymore
Love the white snow
Allow the pleasing jacket
To mask the flaws in form
Rove around sub-zero
Without fussing about sweat and smell

Football, the finest feast
Mannish Manning and the mob
Braving the cold and blizzard
To bring home the Cup
That we affectionately call
The Super Bowl

Those were the three things
That I came to love
As I remember my fourth anniversary
In this land of dreams
Differences and opportunities
For the mind that’s fresh and fearless

2 comments:

madraskaapi said...

congrats on your four years.

good one.

i was looking for a para on recreational activities !

Mrinalya said...

Good point.
The fact that it did not occur to me makes me think may be its not in my biggest list of things that I will miss if I go out of USA.

Makes me wonder if thats true :)

Looking fwd to ur list too !