Sunday, July 04, 2010

Ladies - do you agree?

This is a thought that I have been meaning to pen down for a long long time. Today I had another trigger. So here I go.

There is a growing certain kind of women- the kind that’s not too hung up on coy, demure and small feet.

So what has been the best present you have got from your husband/fiancĂ©? Responses have changed from expensive sarees, gorgeous necklaces, chocolate covered strawberries (well, one can never really resist those), surprise romantic trips to the more empowering ones. By empowering ones, I mean the ones that give you ‘wings to fly’ (in one of my friends’ own words). Like a GPS for the direction challenged wife, support to pursue a hobby or a profession for wives that weren’t exactly headed that way, new gym gears to keep up the motivation etc. Well you get the drift?

Well, I do agree that one needs to go silly and crazy and indulge once in a while. You would be considered boring otherwise ;) After all, no one gifts their girl friend a GPS on their third date, whereas chocolate and strawberries would be in. However in long standing relationships, IMHO, the need to feel empowered outweighs the need to feel pampered.

Well, would you agree?

2 comments:

Kshitij said...

empowering a person is really imp to inculcate a sense of self belief. It goes a long way in shaping the persona.

Christa Kate Hyland said...

I actually think it's a combination of both empowerment, support, and pampering that makes me personally really feel great, even if the pampering comes in forms of non-monetary things and the support is not as verbal as we are.

Some of the best gifts from my husband have been time, a firm grip on my hand, and affection. The other stuff is just gravy.

Good thinking.

-Christa