Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Geography Teacher!

While I was reading my previous post, I realized that my Geography mam deserved a post too !

This is how it all happened.. shh.. I am still unable to retrive her name from my mammoth database. I vaguely remember now.. I think she was called Vaijayanthi.... We were Eli/Poone in sixth class.. For some reason, I used to be terrified at her.. She used to be the only homosapien who could make me pee in my pinafore .. well while I was 10 then.. :)

Every .. when I say every, I mean it.. EVERY class .. EVERY day, ANY damn question she asks, I would stand up and and thats it.. The whole class would know that was the end of the lecture that day.. I mean the Geography lecture.. From then on, it will be a personalized lecture directed at my stupidity, indolence, temerity to maintain tight lipped ( I was truly terrified, no one knew? ) and dumbheadedness.....

It went on that way until the end of that year.. Seventh class, thanking Heavens, I was transferred to a different school.. I was just too happy to leave Madras, courtesy-Vaijayanthi..... This phase proved transient when I had to return to the same school for eighth std.....

Every being in the school looked at me as if I had just landed in an Alien suit from Mars.. A confused look that said, this face looks unfamiliarly familiar.. I was the only 'new admission student' who already knew others in the class.. So I was in the middle of nowhere.. I could neither identify with new students nor with the rest of the class, for I was weird to them to return to a class, when they thot I had gone (forever)..

Come quarterly .. Go Vaijayanthi.. and the rest is history !

As I write this, I wonder ..... The coming of adolescence and terrified behaviour.. Yeah ! Science made me bad, If I ever were ! I became good, defying Science!!!!

No comments: