Monday, December 27, 2004

Tsunami ? Marina ?

Tsunami .. who? oh that guy about whom my geography mam tried to make us understand and we never bothered to .... ? way back that was .. ten years down the memory lane..

oops! I wanted to mention that teacher's name and my thoughts are searching the directory and cannot retrive it:) .. I remember she got married and left for Gulf when we were in eighth class.. We were just entering teens then.. that we created drama about her leaving the school.. well, back to tsunami.. We were asked what it meant in the Quarterly Exam that year.. and I missed my centum in Geography because I dint know who, rather what it meant ?

By the time we were back in school after the break, many things had happened in my life ( deserves a blog of its own .. including my first solo trip by train!!!!) .. that I started cursing myself for missing that centum.....

Tsunami...... I cursed it then.. and fate had it curse my lovable Madras now........ :(

I havebeen timewarped with Madras and its times..... How can I ever forget
.. the evening rides to the beach when I was only 5
.. the way I used to pester my dad to buy icecream and nuts for me !!
.. the way I always got confused between Clock Tower and TV tower ..
.. the way my dad and his patience taught me to tell them apart after an year
.. the way I broke my teeth when I fell off my tricycle on a sunday evening ..
.. the morning walks to the beach when I was living with my Aaji
.. the jogging schedule that would not last for more than 3 days in a row!
.. the molagaa bajji
.. the never-to-happen Marina Swimming Pool !
.. the slides that were up for a while..
.. the family game of throw ball when I was 16.
.. another family game of kola kolaya mundhirikka when I was 16 ..

wah sweet sixteen !!!! With such memories of Madras and Marina, my heart skipped a beat when I heard abt the tsunami at 2:00 am EST .. Living thousands of miles away, I realized that I am immortally tied to 'U'..

Hundreds of ppl of my kind .. for walk/cricket and gaming in the December break.... have gone forever ..... May ur soul rest in peace..

No comments: