Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Life after spamming !!

It seems like ages since I got some actual written email on my inbox.. My friends around the world have become that busy that they can manage forwarding spam emails but not write a line of their own.. well, I am one of them too. Its been ages since I wrote one too.. Suddenly, this saturday afternoon, post lunch, post an hour long warm bath, when there was nothing on TV except easterman color movie, I thought I would 'write' email to someone.... As my thoughts go on, I pick my laptop and click on 'Inbox' ..... and there I see an email... well it looks like a 'written email' -- shorter subject and definately not I spam forward I thought....

It read
Sangita Singh Hello Preethi Tue 09/27 6k


wow ! I thought and opened it..

It read

Hi Preethi,

Long time no news. how are you ? I am doing very good. How is your new life? How is work? When are you coming home? We have a lot to catch up on. Just as I write this, I figure that we have almost lost contact off late. In fact, I searched through my old diaries to get your email. Chal, I want to tell you that I have changed my name, as it reads on this email.

keep in touch,

take care ..
cheers,
Sangita


wow !! What a personalised email. But the saddest part is I dont know who is the person who has changed her name to Sangita Singh now. Did she change her first name ? What was it before? or was it the last name that she changed ? Did she get married ? I know some 4 'Sangeetha', with who I am in regular conact. Do I really know her ? or is this, just the newest colour in spamming.. No it really looks like an email addressed to me..

well.. I am waiting for a reply.. Any Sangita Singh reading this blog, let me kno, if you are the ONE..

No comments: