Monday, August 21, 2006

Just another thing - I am glad I lost!

3 When I was growing up, it was not unusual
7 My grandpa had it up all day
10 With my sister and cousins, it was almost an everyday event
11 I could never be the performer
12 I was not even a good listener
13 I remember how I used to shut my ears (yes literally)
14 Then, I was definitely stupid
15 When I was learning, I thought it was fashionable to say ‘No’
16 After a lot of persistence, finally people gave up on me
17 When I actually liked, I was too embarrassed to admit
18 Slowly, I acknowledged to myself how soothing it was
19 Soon, I declared I loved it
22 Then I repented why I was so foolish all along
25 Now, no remorse, but truly, deeply, madly love it
25 It is the magic of music
25 Yesterday, after a long long time, I listened to a couple of home-sung songs.
100 Carnatic music is bliss

1 comment:

Bhars said...

Preeti! I am in Austin, TX for a while...