Sunday, May 22, 2005

Yesterday, I had been to a 'party' party, where people expected me (and some of my friends) to actually party which we dinn know how?! The day before the hosts of the party had held one for the undergrads where those kids seems to have made a mess of a place. And we the graduates were well-behaved which was puzzling for the hosts. Part of the reason is probably the fact that most of us were from a low-profile background that kept enthusiasm of the real 'party' folks damped too. Ideally, it musy have been the other way round, the real party folks egging on the others to perform (:p ;)) , energize and party.

Yours truly is a vegetarian and doesnot mind eating anything under the sun under the belief that what she is eating has no meat. The moment she knows that something contains meat, no one can make her have it - come what may.

I noticed a fellow me who walked across the buffet table, looked at the different platters and moved on and soon he found himself at the end of the buffet table and the plate was empty. And there was potato chips at the end that he could finally pile on into his plate. :)

Considering the number of vegetarians in a typical party, I would vouch to have a few veggie dishes that she can mouth. In the next year's party, its gonna be a treat from yours truly in preparing a vegetarian meal section. By that time, I hope to be an expert cook !

Fine, now the scene change. You find a bunch of guys playing soccer. I am not a big player of soccer but would have loved to try my hand (sorry leg) at the game. What kept me at bay .. Well, I hate to admit it was the fact that there was no other 'girl' who could play. All the other girls were chit-chatting and so was I !:(

I spent 34 bucks getting there! Thankfully, one of the kind-hearted professors offered to drop me back. Thank You sir. Thank You party for a few facts that quite threw me off like the style of the outfit to the lifestyle of a Indo-American family !!

Long live partying !!

No comments: