Tuesday, January 31, 2006

“God is a source of strength”
- Anonymous


The source from which you derive strength, power and direction is your God. The depth of your well-being and feel-good-factor is the depth of your faith in this source. Sometime, for different reasons and actions, different sources may seem effective

Hindus call Him Vishnu
Moslems look for Allah
Christians trust in Jesus
Zoroastrians seek from Fire
And atheists call it his self willpower

None of these, am I here to contend

The purpose of the source is not to save you from struggle and defeat; instead it will give you the power to stand up in times of controversy and conflict. After all, it is failure that teaches you the toughest lessons. I don’t want a magician (there are no shortcuts in life) to bring me out of my trouble; what I want is constancy of faith and steadfast companion in God that will give me the wisdom to make the right decision, guide me through the right channel and hold me on His shoulders when I grapple to walk. I want him to love me and to give me the perpetual desire to love Him.

It is when you decline to accept the trails and failures endowed upon you, that you doubt your source and start looking for an alternate source. And so is the depth of your faith.

That is when you become a coward convert, a skeptic or a cynic.
No blame on born converts!

No comments: